Monday, January 21, 2013

Why do something once when you can do it twice?

Soooo....over the weekend, my arm was doing well. The swelling went down and it was becoming a normal color again. Unfortunately, this morning, it reverted back to it's old habits (swelling and being purple). And I, being a good little patient, called my vascular surgeon, and Dr. C and being the good little doctor, he got me in today to do a sonogram to rule out blog clots (and, of course, pregnancy).

After reviewing the sonogram and looking at my arm, it was evident that the vein had narrowed back to it's original, problematic state. Much like myself, it is being stubborn (the vein must also be a Taurus). The solution that we came up with...well...more like Dr. C came up with and we followed was two fold: re-do the angioplasty on Thursday and get started on a couple of blood thinners/anti-coagulants. One of the meds, I get to stab into my stomach twice a day...the other is in normal/boring pill form.

What does this mean? Well, for a while, I'll need to give up MMA Fighting and other violent sports.

So the angioplasty is scheduled for early Thursday morning and please pray that it works this time. Dr. C said if it fails again the surgical option will be in play (i.e. removing my rib).

Please pray that this angioplasty works and I can keep my body symmetrical and in tact. Please pray for our attitudes during this time. Also, Carter has been sick this week again, please pray for his healing. When it rains it pours, right?

We will update again on Thursday!

1 comment: